Communication is critical to successful design, we’re looking for a keen assistant to help us to understand, interpret and respond to our customer’s needs in a timely and efficient manner.
1: Job Purpose
To assist and provide support for general design services, including:
- Taking and identifying briefs either directly from customers or from a senior manager.
- Helping to communicate briefs using internal management information system.
- Ensuring regular communication with the design team.
- Support with planning and scheduling of work and communicating timelines to customers.
- Compiling and sending quote letters and order acknowledgements.
To provide additional support for manufacturing functions including:
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain quotes and technical advice.
- Communicating product specifications to external suppliers and customers.
- Checking stock levels and placing orders for consumables.
- Providing general administrative support.
2: Primary Objectives
Provide proactive support for the main functional tasks. Help to improve communication both internally and externally. Continually learn new skills to expand on support services. Support clear communication of briefs and timelines at all levels to ensure customer needs are met. Help to improve internal efficiencies and performance to enable productivity and business growth.
3: Duties and Responsibilities
To help maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable working environment. Ensure that consumables are stocked and replenished efficiently. Provide clear, consistent and regular communication. Be proactive and helpful.
5: Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
At least 3 GCSEs at grade C or above including Maths and English
At least 1 A-level at grade C or above
At least 2 years’ experience in a customer service based or similar role with examples.
A basic understanding of Microsoft office products including Word and Excel. Effective communication skills.
6: Desirable skills and Experience
An A-level or higher education qualification in communications, marketing, languages or similar relevant course.
Experience in a communications or customer services based role ideally in the design, print or packaging industries.
A good understanding of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and Adobe products. A keen interest in product design and development, creative design or engineering. Experience in, or a good understanding of printed packaging manufacture.